When you're working on a content production project you will usually have a brief including the content to create, when this content should be published, and where on your website, app or other channels it should be delivered to. The production features of Dynamic Content include everything you need to create this content. We provide a Content Library that makes it easy to view and organise your content, and preview and editing features to help you get the content ready to be scheduled for publication.
If your workflow does not take advantage of scheduling content using editions, then you can choose to publish individual content items immediately without scheduling. This is also useful in cases where you want to quickly update items of content that have previously been published to a slot within an edition to implement a "hot fix" of a particular item of content.
Once content is created and reviewed it can then be made available to editions in the scheduling view. Planners can then add this content to slots within an edition and schedule the content for publishing. Of course it's likely that you'll go through several different versions of particular items of content before a project is ready to go live, and we've included revision history features to make it easy to track content changes and see content exactly as it appeared in each version.
In this section we'll take you all the way through the content production process from creating new content to saving a finished version of that content to an edition.
In this section
- The Content Library. The main content production view from which you can create and organise content. This page also provides information on content cards, publish status icons and searching.
- Creating content. Explains how to use the content editing form and demonstrates how to create both simple and linked content such as carousels.
- Viewing and editing content. Shows how to view and update existing content.
- Visualizations. Goes into detail on visualizations, providing a powerful way of previewing your content in different device sizes and orientations.
- Saving content to an edition. More information on a key feature that makes the current version of a content item available to editions in the planning view. It can then be added to a slot and scheduled for publishing.
- Copying content. How to make a copy of a selected content item from the Content Library.
- Content revision history. Explains the revision history feature, what changes create new versions of content, and how to view and restore previous versions.
- Organising content. This page explains how to add, rename and delete folders and how to move content.
- Archiving and unarchiving content. How to archive content you no longer need and retrieve it from the archive.
- Publishing content. On this page we explain how to publish content items immediately from the Content Library.
- Localization. A section explaining field level and content item localization and how to work with localized content.
- Content status. How to define your own content statuses and assign these to content items. This feature is useful for supporting workflows such as localization.
For more information about the concepts behind content production in Dynamic Content go to the Content production and authoring concepts page.
Developers wanting more information about creating content types and consuming content can find it in the Development section.
To find out more about planning and scheduling, and see how content production fits in with the concepts of events, editions and slots, see Scheduling concepts.