Ingesting assets from Instagram
On this page
Configuring your Instagram account for UGC
Assets from the mentions of your configured instagram accounts will appear in the moderation section of the Social app automatically and you do not need to set up a feed. Setting up an Instagram account to use UGC requires the following steps:
- You'll need a Facebook page for each Instagram account you want to capture images from
- Ensure your Instagram account is converted to a business profile and is associated with your Facebook page. Further Instructions Here
- Amplience will send you the details of a user that must be invited as a moderator of your Facebook page. The image below shows how to add a user as a moderator.
- Once Amplience has accepted the invitation they'll send a test Instagram post to ensure it's working. You should then see Instagram assets flowing into the Moderation step of the Social App
- You can also specify the Content Hub asset store and folder within it that your moderated assets will be stored in.
How assets are ingested
Assets are ingested when an instagram user mentions your account in a post- for example @anyafinnstore. The entire post is imported, including the media and any additional hashtags.
In the example below we have set up the anyafinnstore Instagram account to ingest assets from UGC. The user mentions our Instagram account in their post. The asset is automatically ingested into UGC and is available in the Social app.
When you open the Social app new images for moderation will show in the dashboard. In this example a single image is available for moderation.
Moderating images ingested from Instagram
In the moderation section you can choose to accept or reject an image.
If you accept an image it will become available for enrichment, adding to a stream and publishing to your site.