Machine Learning Engineer
Employment Type: Full time
Location: North East England
We’re here to rid the world of bad shopping experiences.
It’s a bold aim, and one that needs both a dynamic team and a very different way of working.
That’s why we want people who can weave their unique skills, experience and character into a global team that learns, shares, grows and succeeds together.
Our people are all stewards of the business, helping us to win through care, commitment and conviction – and in return we open up a whole new world of flexibility around where, when and how you work.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Amplience. We have new leadership, new goals and new opportunities. So let’s find out where you fit in…
And if you’re still wondering what we actually do…
Amplience is the AI Content company that brings together data, performance insights and generative AI. We help 400+ of the world’s biggest brands, from Liberty and Mulberry, to Argos and Crate & Barrel, deliver persuasive content for every shopping context, fuelling truly personalized and connected experiences.
We are looking for an experienced ML Engineer to join a small team focused on applying AI to solve real-world customer problems. You will be involved in the full AI lifecycle from business problem to deployed models inferencing in-production.
What You’ll Do
· Understanding user problems and provide effective solutions.
· Researching available models and tailoring them to address specific user needs.
· Gathering and preparing data for validation & training workloads.
· Selecting validation strategies & evaluating model performance.
· Training models and tuning hyperparameters.
· Implementing model code.
· Deploying models to production using Amazon Web Services.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
We're looking for someone with commercial experience that has a deep passion for software engineering & AI; someone who is self-motivated, excited to learn and will be a great team player.
· Strong grasp of machine learning frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow).
· Knowledge of machine learning architectures, loss functions, tools and techniques.
· Proven track record of successfully completing AI projects that deliver tangible business results.
· Experience in training machine learning models, including hyperparameter tuning and optimizing model performance.
· Familiarity with techniques for reducing model inference costs and enhancing scalability.
· Proficiency in programming languages commonly used in machine learning, such as Python, and familiarity with libraries like NumPy, Pandas, and Matplotlib.
· Solid understanding of software engineering principles.
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated adaptability and a willingness to learn and apply new tools, techniques, and methodologies as AI/ML rapidly evolves.
· Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, facilitating effective communication, knowledge sharing, and a positive team dynamic.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and solve complex problems with minimal supervision.
· Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and a history of deploying ML models in production.
So what’s in it for you? Aside from using some great technologies and working with smart friendly people who are very generous with their knowledge, we have a great set of benefits to recognise everybody’s individual needs.
- Competitive salary
- Your Birthday Off!
- Company-wide Recharge Days
- Flexi Friday
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans