Remote, North East England
About now you’d expect us to tell you what Amplience does. Well, we don’t do the expected. Instead, we want to tell you about what we believe in – freedom. Freedom is everything Amplience stands for. That’s why, if you want to work with us (we’d be honored) you’d better be okay with working your own way.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, what we do is help create the future of customer experience.
Amplience powers digital-first, commerce brands and retailers with the freedom to do more. Our headless CMS, DAM and Digital Experience Management platform allows the world's leading brand teams to manage content, not code, including GAP, GameStop, Ulta, Hobby Lobby, Crate & Barrel, Traeger, and more.
These brands are leading a momentous shift towards headless/composable eCommerce and content architecture given the strategic benefits it delivers for them. The market is primed for wide-spread adoption of this technology over the next few years and the tailwinds are building. Amplience is out in front enabling these companies to reinvent the way they create new, innovative digital experiences for faster performance, higher engagement, and increased sales. Are you in?
What to Expect
Working as part of a DevOps function, you will be embedded into teams developing new products and services for Amplience. The DevOps engineer constructs and automates production infrastructure using Infrastructure-as-Code – primarily AWS CDK, but also including CloudFormation and Terraform. They are responsible for release planning and execution within their embedded team. A key aspect of the role is assuring operational stability, ensuring services are securely deployed across AWS and 3rd party environments.
The DevOps function continues to evolve our infrastructure automation and DevOps engineers will be expected to consult and take ownership of improvements.
- Working within a matrix structure to build new products
- Build Immutable infrastructure by Infrastructure as Code
- Own infrastructure requirements, resulting from new product builds ensuring we can meet Service Level Objectives and Service Level Indicators effectively responsible for the product whatever the hour until it fully transitions to a live service
- Experience of DevOps in the context of a release process including the use of pipelines and code to automate deployments
- Embrace your embedded team’s working model and culture – contribute to stand-ups, planning, pairing, and other forums as required.
- The drive to constantly identify and remove technical debt
- Troubleshoot infrastructure and deployment problems – as an SME in your embedded team, you’re responsible for removing blockers from the path to production
- Ability to coach and mentor Junior DevOps engineers
- Ensure products abide by security best practice (e.g. AWS Best Practices, CIS v1.4 conformance)
- Ability to feedback to your embedded teams what the operational requirements are of desired solutions
- The DevOps team participate in an on-call rota which is currently 2 weeks of 7, with 1 week as primary and then 1 week as secondary (24x7x365)
- Design, build and deploy scalable, highly available solutions that consistently deliver above 99.99% SLA’s
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Strong AWS Cloud skills with 3-5 years experience
- Experience with a range of AWS managed services e.g. Fargate, DynamoDB, Kinesis and Step Functions
- Linux and/or Docker based application deployments
- Proficient with Git-based workflows and collaboration
- Experience in building CI / CD pipelines with one or more tools (e.g. GitHub Actions, Jenkins)
- Proficient in an IAC language such as AWS CDK, CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience in building monitoring metrics & dashboards in Observability tools such as Datadog
- Managing SQL, search or Big Data clusters (Cassandra, Solr, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Hosted monitoring solutions (e.g DataDog, CloudWatch) or self managed (e.g. Grafana, Prometheus)
- Advanced scripting using Python or an equivalent language
- Some experience of a programming language (e.g. Java, TypeScript) and associated build tools
- As a natural relationship builder, you actively engage within a team contributing to problem solving
- Positive, proactive, and solution-focused
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, and competing priorities
- Self-Directed learner
- Global mindset and willingness to work across international time zones
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
Made for Commerce
Designed for Conversion
Engineered for Performance
Amplience is an API-first, headless CMS and DAM in one: a unified platform for commerce content that does everything you need it to. Organize, find and enrich all your assets from a central library. Optimize and automate your product media, images and videos.
Plan, schedule, produce and deliver customer experiences. Do it all from the same platform.
And do more of it. Better, and faster, than ever.
Our Hiring Process
- 1st Round Interview
- 2nd Round Interview
Not quite right?
Register your interest to be notified of any roles that come along that meet your criteria.Register your interest