Lead Backend Engineer
Who we are
- Billions of API requests every day
- >400 million items of content
- >4 Exabytes of critical data a year
- Amazon Web Services with Infrastructure as Code
- Serverless functions, containers and instances
- A mix of NoSQL, SQL and search-index data-stores
- TypeScript, Java, Golang, Python, Ruby
- Write clean, high quality code using practises like TDD, SOLID principles, and pair programming.
- Use Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as Code techniques to make building, deploying, and managing systems easier, faster, and less error prone.
- Learn, debate, and then apply the latest technology and techniques to solve serious engineering problems.
- Continuously seek to incrementally improve the tools, techniques, processes, and practices you use everyday.
- Help build cloud-native systems in AWS.
- Make sure our systems are reliable and scalable.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- You have experience building highly-available, testable, cloud applications and services.
- You have strong knowledge of Java, Typescript, or other modern languages.
- You have experience mentoring and leading other engineers.
- You are eager to learn, try out new technologies and keen to share what you know.
- Freedom to work from home, with offices for when you want them
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you’ve been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
- Study leave
Made for Commerce
Designed for Conversion
Engineered for Performance
Amplience is an API-first, headless CMS and DAM in one: a unified platform for commerce content that does everything you need it to. Organize, find and enrich all your assets from a central library. Optimize and automate your product media, images and videos.
Plan, schedule, produce and deliver customer experiences. Do it all from the same platform.
And do more of it. Better, and faster, than ever.
Our Hiring Process
- Initial Phone Screening
- 3rd Stage Interview
Not quite right?
Register your interest to be notified of any roles that come along that meet your criteria.Register your interest