Senior Frontend Engineer
Who we are
We are a team of Engineers building SaaS software used by over 350 of the world's leading brands
. We exist to help our customers deliver more powerful experiences using our API-first, headless content management platform. We are very serious about reliability and customers trust us to manage and deliver content at tremendous scale:
● Billions of API requests every day
● >400 million items of content
● >4 Exabytes of critical data a year
We have a multi-talented Engineering team organized into cross-functional remote-friendly squads, with offices in Middlesbrough and Manchester, and offices in London and the USA for Sales, Marketing and Finance.
As well as working hard we also have a fun and informal company culture. We have a games room, we host hackathons and board game nights. Oh and we take our caffeine consumption really seriously.
Frontend technologies at Amplience run the full gamut. From traditional SPAs to micro-frontends to Static Site Generation and Server Side Rendering. We choose the right technology for the job and we have a lot of interesting problems to solve. You could be working on a Jamstack site one week, building an extension in Svelte the next and later work on a library using pure TypeScript. Most of our work is full stack, often involving many technologies and need us to think creatively.
We prefer component driven, intelligently state managed applications. They are built with TypeScript, a minimal framework plus test automation. We follow a process that includes collaborative code review, QA testing and CI/CD deployment to AWS.
● Write clean, high quality, well tested code.
● Produce high performance User Interfaces that put User Experience first.
● Work with the product owner, UX team and others to design and plan logical and consistent features.
● Learn, debate, and then apply the latest technology and techniques to solve difficult problems.
● Continuously seek to incrementally improve the tools, techniques, processes, and practices you use everyday.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
We're looking for someone with commercial experience that has a deep passion for frontend development; someone who is excited to learn and someone who will be a great team player. We would particularly love you to apply if:
● You are confident creating DOM and CSS to match any design spec
● You have at least three years experience in building web apps using a modern framework like React, Svelte or Vue
● For at least one framework you have a solid understanding of all its features and can teach best practices
● You are confident in making well optimized and performant enterprise level applications
● You have experience mentoring and directing less senior engineers
● You are principled about technology and have opinions about programming and tools
So what’s in it for you? Aside from using some great technologies and working with smart friendly people who are very generous with their knowledge, we have a great set of benefits to recognise everybody’s individual needs.
● Freedom to work from home, with offices for when you want them
● Competitive salary
● Flexible working arrangements
● Discretionary bonus scheme
● Company pension scheme
● Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
● Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
● Extra holidays once you’ve been with us for a while
● The option to purchase additional holidays
● Charity / volunteer days
● Life assurance policy
● Ride to work scheme
● Season ticket advance loans
● Study leave
Engineered for Performance
Amplience is an API-first, headless CMS and DAM in one: a unified platform for commerce content that does everything you need it to. Organize, find and enrich all your assets from a central library. Optimize and automate your product media, images and videos.
Plan, schedule, produce and deliver customer experiences. Do it all from the same platform.
And do more of it. Better, and faster, than ever.
Our Hiring Process
- Review Application
- Recruitment Interview
- Technical Interview
- 2nd Technical Interview
- 3rd Interview