Senior Software Engineer
Amplience is the AI Content company that brings together data, performance insights and generative AI. We help 400+ of the world’s biggest brands, from Liberty and Mulberry, to Argos and Crate & Barrel, deliver persuasive content for every shopping context, fuelling truly personalized and connected experiences.
About the Tech
Compute | A mix of serverless, containers, and EC2 instances depending on the workload
Data | MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Solr, ElasticSearch , SQL
Languages | Java, TypeScript, Python, C++, Golang, Ruby
Our teams are distributed, cross-functional, and self-organising, and they’re responsible for planning, designing, building, testing, and deploying the services they work on. We believe in using the right tool for the job, so we have a variety of tech used in different situations, like Java, Typescript, Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc, all on AWS.
- Write clean, high quality code using practises like TDD, SOLID principles, and pair programming.
- Use Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as Code techniques to make building, deploying, and managing systems easier, faster, and less error prone.
- Learn, debate, and then apply the latest technology and techniques to solve serious engineering problems.
- Continuously seek to incrementally improve the tools, techniques, processes, and practices you use everyday.
- Help build cloud-native systems in AWS.
- Make sure our systems are reliable and scalable.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
We would particularly love you to apply if:
- You have experience building highly-available, testable, cloud applications and services.
- You have strong knowledge of Java, Typescript, or other modern languages.
- You enjoy working in a team to solve problems together.
- You are eager to learn, try out new technologies and keen to share what you know.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
Amplience is an API-first, headless CMS and DAM in one: a unified platform for commerce content that does everything you need it to. Organize, find and enrich all your assets from a central library. Optimize and automate your product media, images and videos.
Plan, schedule, produce and deliver customer experiences. Do it all from the same platform.
And do more of it. Better, and faster, than ever.
Our Hiring Process
- 1st Round Interview
- 2nd Round Interview
Not quite right?
Register your interest to be notified of any roles that come along that meet your criteria.Register Your Interest