Mid QA Automation Engineer
About now you’d expect us to tell you what Amplience does. Well, we don’t do the expected. Instead, we want to tell you about what we believe in – freedom. Freedom is everything Amplience stands for. That’s why, if you want to work with us (we’d be honored) you’d better be okay with working your own way.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, what we do is help create the future of customer experience.
Amplience powers digital-first, commerce brands and retailers with the freedom to do more. Our headless CMS, DAM and Digital Experience Management platform allows the world's leading brand teams to manage content, not code, including GAP, GameStop, Ulta, Hobby Lobby, Crate & Barrel, Traeger, and more.
These brands are leading a momentous shift towards headless/composable eCommerce and content architecture given the strategic benefits it delivers for them. The market is primed for wide-spread adoption of this technology over the next few years and the tailwinds are building. Amplience is out in front enabling these companies to reinvent the way they create new, innovative digital experiences for faster performance, higher engagement, and increased sales. Are you in?
- Maintain and add tests to existing automation frameworks
- Communicate blocking issues with development leads, and work on resolution of issues.
- Plan timeline of release for stakeholders and summarize bug allocations.
- Liaise with stakeholders over non-functional requirements, such as performance metrics and expected peak capacity.
- Discuss with operations risk areas for integration and system impact.
- Keep up to date with best practice in the field around tooling and methodology.
- Have a QA voice present in stand up or planning meetings as needed
- Attend and drive go-no go meetings on code pushes to live.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience in a QA engineer role for a web, or shrink wrap software project
- Agile methodology, Scrum or Kanban and software development cycle
- Technical experience requirements:
- Bug tracking software, eg Jira, Bugzilla, Redmine
- Restful APIs, JSON http requests, response codes, headers
- Database exposure, such as SQL, NoSQL, or search indexes such as elasticsearch
- Scripting language (Ruby, Python, etc) knowledge, with enough to follow flow of automated tests
- AWS or other cloud services
- Good written skills and communication within other members of the dev team
- Can work without micromanagement or external supervision, in a milestone delivery environment
- Analytics approach to ‘what it’ questions
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
Made for Commerce
Designed for Conversion
Engineered for Performance
Amplience is an API-first, headless CMS and DAM in one: a unified platform for commerce content that does everything you need it to. Organize, find and enrich all your assets from a central library. Optimize and automate your product media, images and videos.
Plan, schedule, produce and deliver customer experiences. Do it all from the same platform.
And do more of it. Better, and faster, than ever.
Our Hiring Process
- 1st Round Interview
- 2nd Round Interview
Not quite right?
Register your interest to be notified of any roles that come along that meet your criteria.Register your interest