Senior SysOps Engineer
Remote, East Coast, US
SysOps is an important part of delivering consistency and reliability at this scale. You will also be expected to help administer the systems day to day, working on maintenance tasks and dealing with problems and be experienced in deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS.
SysOps work in conjunction and as part of the DevOps teams to contribute in the solution implementation, delivery and troubleshooting of the AWS infrastructure.
We're looking for an experienced engineer who can manage servers or a system admin who loves to write code. You'll be working with a team of smart, passionate people helping to design, deploy, optimize and administer the Amplience platform.
You'll be expected to practice infrastructure as code. The Amplience platform is used by many big online retailers resulting in billions of requests every month.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
• Linux system administration (primarily Centos distros)
• Configuration management (Puppet /
Chef or similar)
• Jenkins (and pipelines) and Git
• Solid understanding of DNS and multi-tier Internet architecture
• Understanding of SSL
• Systems at scale (‘00’s of instances, automated failover and redundancy)
• Experience in designing an AWS cloud architecture and mapping business requirements into system / technical requirements
• Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, ELB, ASG, SQS, SNS, SWF, R53, EMR, CloudFormation, Dynamo and RDS – and others)
• CloudFormation/ Terraform
• NoSQL Databases, (Cassandra, MongoDB)
• Solr Cloud / Zookeeper / Elastic Search
US Benefits are provided by Insperity. Full details available on request.
Engineered for Performance
Amplience is an API-first, headless CMS and DAM in one: a unified platform for commerce content that does everything you need it to. Organize, find and enrich all your assets from a central library. Optimize and automate your product media, images and videos.
Plan, schedule, produce and deliver customer experiences. Do it all from the same platform.
And do more of it. Better, and faster, than ever.
Our Hiring Process
- Review Application
- Recruitment Interview
- Technical Interview
- 2nd Technical Interview
- 3rd Interview