Junior DevOps Engineer
Remote, North East England
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience in a hands on capacity in production focused operations team ideally in a Cloud focused environments.
- Have extensive and demonstrable experience with Amazon Web Services (ideally certification to Development level and Specialist in Adv. Networking / Security)
- Ideally experience in other cloud services such as Azure / GCP
- Proficient in scripting language such as Python / Ruby / Go / Typescript, and development of robust tooling to support automations, use of 3rd party API’s etc.
- Proficient in Infrastructure as code – Cloudformation / Terraform – we aim for fully immutable services. Ideally some use of AWS CDK.
- Configuration management using Puppet / Ansible is desirable.
- Clearly documents work and shares with others.
- Experience of enterprise level global distribution of content via CDN (we serve petabytes worth of traffic and hundreds of billion of object requests).
- Thorough understanding of TLS and secure ciphers
- Understands the importance of Security configuration, implementation of best practices, hardening, and incident response procedures.
- Fully versed on end to end monitoring and alerting configurations.
- Have implemented auto-scaling logic based on application / environment metrics.
- Understanding of queues and messaging.
- Worked in environment with formalised release processes.
- You are principled about technology and have opinions about the right way to do things.
- You understand how to deliver a very high availability in a modern cloud environment.
- You believe automating infrastructure is important and that changes should be well tested
- You are happy to participate in the on-call rota – the aim is for very low frequency call outs.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
- Study leave
Made for Commerce
Designed for Conversion
Engineered for Performance
Amplience is an API-first, headless CMS and DAM in one: a unified platform for commerce content that does everything you need it to. Organize, find and enrich all your assets from a central library. Optimize and automate your product media, images and videos.
Plan, schedule, produce and deliver customer experiences. Do it all from the same platform.
And do more of it. Better, and faster, than ever.
Our Hiring Process
- Review Application
- Recruitment Interview
- Technical Interview
- 2nd Technical Interview
- 3rd Interview
Not quite right?
Register your interest to be notified of any roles that come along that meet your criteria.Register your interest