Senior UX Designer
About now, you’d expect us to tell you what Amplience does.
Well, we don’t do the expected.
Instead, we want to tell you what we believe in: Freedom.
Because Freedom is everything that Amplience stands for. It’s in the way we work, the way we think, the way we empower our customers.
And if you choose to join us (we’d be honored) you’ll have the Freedom to work however and wherever you want.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, Amplience is a commerce experience platform that takes the heavy lifting out of digital content, giving you the Freedom to create digital experiences without limits.
We already work with over 400 leading retails brands and counting, including the likes of Crate & Barrel, Traeger Grills, Ulta Beauty, Coach, Otto Group, GAP, Currys, Argos and The Very Group.
We’ve got over 200 employees across the world, with $180 million of investment behind us and huge, exciting growth plans ahead. And we’d love you to come along for the ride.
Are you in?
What to Expect
This role is a key part of the team responsible for the design of all Product UX at Amplience. We are looking for an inquisitive individual with a blend of creative, analytical and technical skills. Someone who gets a kick from developing delightful and useful solutions that address customer needs, and who is driven to see ideas through from concept stage to code deployment.
- Leverage user insights to design rough wireframes, refine them through design critique and usability testing, and produce polished, production-ready design specs and interactive prototypes
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative UX research and discovery activities
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering colleagues to translate UX requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria
- Provide timely UX design input to agile engineering sprints
- Conduct UAT of coded UI
- Assist with building and maintaining a Product Design System and component libraries
- Support feature launch activities, including:
- Coding in-app engagements
- Implementing feature adoption measurement
- Documentation, etc.
- Advocate user-centred design principles to wider business
- Contribute to build shared UX knowledge, processes and best practise
- Additionally, the role provides opportunities for:
- Participation in regular design critiques
- Attendance of UX & design-related conferences
- Professional development (technical and soft skills)
- Mentoring fellow team members
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum 3 - 5 years professional design practice
- Enterprise B2B product design experience
- Ability to clearly demonstrate creative decision-making process
- Experience of atomic design systems
- Knowledge of heuristic principles of design
- Ability to multi-task, context switch and manage own work to
- Rigorous with high attention to detail
- Experience of designing to WCAG web accessibility standards
- Familiarity with web technologies (HTML, CSS, React, etc.)
- Essential software skills:
- Plus, experience of:
- Adobe CC
- Miro (or similar virtual whiteboarding tool)
- Storybook (or similar framework)
- Qualification: Batchelors Degree or higher in a related discipline
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
Made for Commerce
Designed for Conversion
Engineered for Performance
Amplience is an API-first, headless CMS and DAM in one: a unified platform for commerce content that does everything you need it to. Organize, find and enrich all your assets from a central library. Optimize and automate your product media, images and videos.
Plan, schedule, produce and deliver customer experiences. Do it all from the same platform.
And do more of it. Better, and faster, than ever.
Our Hiring Process
- Review Application
- Recruitment Interview
- Technical Interview
- 2nd Technical Interview
- 3rd Interview
Not quite right?
Register your interest to be notified of any roles that come along that meet your criteria.Register your interest