Security Operations Engineer
Remote, North East England
- Maturing Amplience cybersecurity best practice through defining a practical approach to ongoing known and unknown threats, log collection, aggregation, and analysis.
- Performing threat analysis, and making confident recommendations, keeping threat intelligence current and communicated.
- Supporting the Operations team to ensure required supporting tasks to uphold cybersecurity defences are undertaken as a team effort.
- Supporting alerting processes in place and supporting the compliance manager for management reporting.
- The candidate will account for all IT assets and networks. Obtain current threat intel feeds and learn about current vulnerabilities and work toward fixing them.
- The candidate will be able to confidently visualize data for broad understanding, to ensure proper tools are used.
- The candidate will mature patching approaches to maintain a balance of prioritisation, timescales, service continuity and business risk issues.
- Support the Compliance Manager to identify remediation gaps in service provider policies and procedures.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience in Cloud, conventional network and endpoint security is essential.
- The candidate will have developed strategies, product choices, implementation and hands-on use of cybersecurity tools, practices, and approaches.
- The candidate will preferably have an understanding of popular cloud reporting and alerting tools, and log interpretation tools.
- The candidate will have experience of defence in-depth approaches, how this applies to cloud environments, and practical ways to approach cybersecurity within extremely busy production environments.
- Will have knowledge and practical experience of Cloud-based vulnerability toolsets and implementation approaches in terms of ongoing support and management.
- Should Ideally have SIEM experience, in terms of having practical approaches in combining Vulnerability Monitoring with Security Monitoring for a smarter more cost-effective approach overall.
- Will have practical experience in Security Patch-Management approaches for cloud-based “full stack” component implementations.
- Must of have experience of implementing working access control methods of least privilege and RBAC controls.
- Ideally some experience with AWS KMS through implementation and use.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
- Study leave
Made for Commerce
Designed for Conversion
Engineered for Performance
Amplience is an API-first, headless CMS and DAM in one: a unified platform for commerce content that does everything you need it to. Organize, find and enrich all your assets from a central library. Optimize and automate your product media, images and videos.
Plan, schedule, produce and deliver customer experiences. Do it all from the same platform.
And do more of it. Better, and faster, than ever.
Our Hiring Process
- Review Application
- Recruitment Interview
- Technical Interview
- 2nd Technical Interview
- 3rd Interview
Not quite right?
Register your interest to be notified of any roles that come along that meet your criteria.Register your interest